SOS Mentoring II Webinar 7 ‘Perfectionism in Mentoring. Who needs that?”
On the 22nd of September, the Mentoring Institute and Youth Business Russia held the seventh webinar for mentors in the frame of the global initiative SOS MENTORING II.
The subject of the webinar: “Perfectionism in Mentoring. Who needs that?”
The webinar was conducted by Boris Tkachenko and Irina Gorelova.
The speakers of the webinar were the mentors involved in social entrepreneurship programmes implemented by “Ahead to Changes“ Foundation, “Our Future” Foundation / SIBUR, Impact hub Moscow:
- Yaroslavna Kolomijtseva, Managing Partner of the Residence of Coaching, PCC ICF, Senior Mentor at the Business Coaching Institute
- Yulia Kozlova, Managing Partner of the Residence of Coaching, PCC ICF, Business Coach.
The issues discussed at the webinar:
- Perfectionism as a phenomenon. Positives and negatives.
- Impact of perfectionism on the mentoring process. A trifocal perspective: programme facilitator, mentor, mentee.
- Questions as a tool of a mentee’s responsibility strengthening and performance improvement and as a preventive measure for a mentor’s perfectionism. ‘Who needs that?’
- Case study of the use of ‘Who needs that’ question.
The mentors at the webinar were teamed in small groups to discuss their own perfectionistic behaviour in mentoring relationship: who needs that and who benefits. The group representatives shared the results of their review with the other webinar participants.
The next webinar on mentoring will be held on the 20th of October at 12:00 pm Moscow time. It will be dedicated to the similarities and differences of mentoring, coaching, tracking, consulting, phycological support and training. The webinar will be conducted in the round table format.
SOS MENTORING II initiative is being implemented by Youth Business International (YBI), an entrepreneurship support network operating in 56 countries. The languages of the event are English, Spanish and Russian.
The adapted Russian version of SOS MENTORING II global initiate to support active and potential mentors in entrepreneurship and programme coordinators on mentoring in Russia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Mongolia is being implemented by Youth Business Russian programme and the Mentoring Institute.